What non-personal data does Lidsky.com collect from the people that visit this Website?
Whenever you access this Website via personal computer or mobile device such as an iPad or smart phone (“Computer”), technical information of a non-personal nature is automatically exchanged between your Computer and the server where the Website is hosted. In the course of this exchange, the following information may be collected and logged by the server:
- the date and time of access;
- the domain name of your Internet service provider (ISP);
- the Internet Protocol address (or IP address) of your Computer;
- the type, version number, and certain configuration details of the browser you are using to access the Website;
- the operating system of the Computer upon which your browser is installed;
- the screen resolution and color depth of your Computer’s monitor;
- the geographical location of your Computer;
- the method by which you came to the Website (whether it be by typing the URL directly into the address bar of your browser, by clicking on an external referring link, or by performing a keyword search in a search engine); and/or
- the pages of the Website visited by you and the amount of time spent on each.
- This information is entirely anonymous in nature, and Lidsky.com cannot and does not obtain your email address or other identifying information automatically simply by your accessing the Website.
Lidsky.com uses the anonymous user information gathered in this manner for internal purposes only, primarily in order to track the number and origin of visitors to the Website, to monitor visitor usage of the Website, and to help Lidsky.com determine how the Website may be improved in order to better serve our visitors.
What personal information does Lidsky.com collect from the people that visit this Website?
When contacting, registering or making purchases on this Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When does Lidsky.com collect information?
Lidsky.com collects information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, make a purchase or enter other information on this Website.
How does Lidsky.com use your information?
Lidsky.com may use the information collected from you when you do things like register, make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf this Website, or use certain other site features on this Website in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on this Website and to allow Lidsky.com to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To send periodic emails about Lidsky.com.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How does Lidsky.com protect your information?
- Lidsky.com scans for vulnerability and malware.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Does Lidsky.com use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits to this Website.
- Compile aggregate data about Website traffic and Website interactions in order to offer better Website experiences and tools in the future. Lidsky.com may also use trusted third-party services that track this information.
You can choose to have your Computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Lidsky.com does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist Lidsky.com in operating this Website, conducting Lidsky.com business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Lidsky.com may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect Lidsky.com or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at Lidsky.com’s discretion, Lidsky.com may include or offer third-party products or services on this Website, which may include links to the websites of such third parties. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Lidsky.com therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, Lidsky.com seeks to protect the integrity of this Website and welcomes any feedback about these linked websites.
Lidsky.com has implemented the following:
- Google Analytics (but not Demographics and Interest Reports)
For more information about Google Analytics data privacy and security: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Users of this Website can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, Lidsky.com agrees to the following:
Users can visit this website anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does this site handle Do Not Track signals?
Lidsky.com honors Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Lidsky.com does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices Lidsky.com will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
Lidsky.com will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
Lidsky.com will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
Lidsky.com also agrees to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Lidsky.com may collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, Lidsky.com agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of the business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email Lidsky.com at: email@example.com